For important information about our next intake please visit www.newcomersICTcareers.ca
The Integrated Work Experience Strategy (IWES) is a pilot bridging program for Internationally Educated ICT professionals looking to find work in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Sector. Targeting unemployed or underemployed internationally educated ICT professionals, the 3 weeks in class followed by a 3 month coaching relationship training program fills a gap by addressing employment barriers for highly skilled ICT IEPs, helping ICT IEPs create a pathway to meaningful employment in the ICT industry.
IWES aspires to help IEPs to:
- Better integrate socially, economically and culturally into the Canadian society;
- Increase their awareness of strengths and weaknesses when integrating into the Canadian labour market;
- Develop a sense of career management in the labour force;
- Enhance self-esteem and confidence;
- Connect with the broader community and become a contributing member.
The IWES Program in Ontario is funded by the Government of Ontario, who receives support for some skills training programs from the Government of Canada. IWES is currently operating in Toronto in partnership with JVS Toronto.
IWES was originally developed under ICTC’s Internationally Educated Professionals (IEP) Integration Initiative, funded by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program. The first IWES program was piloted in Vancouver, British Columbia in partnership with S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Two intakes were completed. There are no further intakes scheduled in Vancouver.