Did you know?
- Technology workers are needed in every sector and becoming more and more important to bottom lines and competitiveness.
- Hiring technology workers is getting more competitive: Nearly 1.6 million vacancies in Canada and the US in the next 5 years.
- Industries like manufacturing, natural resources and construction will have to compete with well-known technology companies for technology talent.
- Women make up the majority of the workforce but are under-tapped resources in technology occupations.
Still not convinced there is an issue? We’re tracking it and so are the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Globe and Mail and Forbes, among others.
Is your company ready for the challenge?
Increasing the number of women in technology jobs in your sector will help your company and our economy. That is why the Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) as Canada’s leader in talent solutions for the digital economy has partnered with the Status of Women Canada to determine where some key industries stand and how to tackle this challenge. But to do it, we need your expertise as a leader in your industry: Below is a link to a survey that will take just 7-10 minutes.
Why is it important?
ICTC uses its research to make your life easier:
- Inform government of challenges and develop programs like Advancing Technology Women in Non-Traditional Sectors (ATW) to make it easier for companies to hire.
- Create free tools available online like an HR guidebook for non-technology firms hiring technology workers and a self-assessment career map for technology workers (see other tools here)
- Provide opportunities to share knowledge and learn from other companies like yours.
- Inform companies so they can make plans now.
- Track and update progress and trends.
For further information or questions, please contact:
613-237-8551 x 125
Funding Provided by:
The Government of Canada