To keep our audiences better informed on our exciting endeavors, we are releasing a frequent blog post to communicate our latest updates, right as they happen. Stay up to date and in the know by checking our blog on a regular basis. We look forward to sharing our news.
- Skills upgrading for post-secondary youth addresses talent gap and decreases youth unemployment. The innovative Focus on Youth Careers program provides University and College graduates with intensive Java training leading to an entry-level software development job. Individuals are available for hire starting in May 2015. Applications are now being accepted and review for the second cohort.
- Augmented Reality in the Classroom – Grade 11 and 12 students gain access to new technologies: ICTC is working with students in grade 11/12; along with our partners, to facilitate the development and production of interactive augmented reality content to explore historic Canadian stories, as told through the eyes of Canada’s youth. Watch with us, as the future develops the past. Stay tuned for many new and exciting details to be released over the next few weeks.
- Online hub to demystify technology talent and job search: Coming soon in March, the online portal (eTalentCanada.ca) will provide job seekers with better insights about the job market, industry with opportunity to connect to talent, educational institutions with information to understand current and future skills needed, and policy makers to have granular perspectives on the labour market in Canada
To explore specific needs relative to the digital job market, please contact [email protected]
- Automation industry gets first-hand look at the sectors’ impact on Canada: ICTC’s Automation and Robotics report which provides information on prospects for automation workers in addition to employment and sector impact is now available at digcompass.ca
- Forward thinking research to continue to be released over next 5 weeks: Reports to be released include Outlook report, Supply report, and a White Paper on Artificial Intelligence plus so much more
- Practical advice to grow your business leveraging technology: We recently launched an online hub (digcompass.ca) to provide practical knowhow about leveraging technology to expand your business, view insights, access financing, and lessons learned. To share a case study or a technology solution, please contact [email protected]
- Getting connected – employers and global talent network for success: ICTC held two successful speed mentoring events in Toronto and Vancouver with the support of partners like BCTIA, SUCCESS BC and JVS Toronto to connect late-career and retired tech professionals to newcomer ICT professionals with great success!
- National Standards in ICT successfully mapped to CISCO course: The mapping portion of our youth Focus on IT or FIT National Standards with Cisco’s NetAcad courses has been completed. Next steps include outreach to FIT Networking teachers. This project has been made possible in part by a grant from the Cisco Networking Academy, a corporate advised fund of Silicon Valley Community Foundation.