June 6, 2016 | Ottawa, ON | Canada GovConnect: Digital Transformation toward Citizen-centric Service
At his by invitation-only event organized by the Canadian Institute, Senior Government Technology and Strategy Leaders will discuss best practices in digital transformation and implementing citizen-centric services.
Namir Anani, President and CEO, ICTC will deliver a keynote presentation titled Digital Talent, paving the way for a greater engagement of connected citizens.
His presentation will address among others:
- The evolving digital landscape by 2020 and beyond.
- Talent strategies for enhanced citizen engagement in an increasingly digital world.
- Canadians’ evolving expectations of government services in a hyper-connected landscape.
- The role of government in stimulating digital adoption (procurement strategies, enhanced online services, policies, others)
Introduction by Mr. Luc Lafrance, CIO, Chief Information Officer Branch, Public Services and Procurement Canada, who will also moderate the Q&A session following Namir’s presentation.
June 6 – 8, 2016 | Toronto, ON | Canadian Telecom Summit
Now in its 15th year, this summit is a premier annual ICT industry event bringing together Canadian and international leaders from the public and private sectors to address important issues facing the sector. Attracting more than 500 senior-level attendees, this event provides an excellent opportunity to meet and share perspectives with the sector’s leading stakeholders.
The Canadian Telecom Summit has developed a reputation of presenting an unequalled program that has featured some of the most highly respected communications executives and thought-leaders; and is covered by international media including the Wall Street Journal, Globe & Mail, National Post, BNN, CBC, Canadian Press, Dow Jones, Bloomberg, Reuters and many trade publications.
This year’s Summit theme is: Transforming our digital world: The journey to universal connectivity
Namir Anani, President and CEO, ICTC will be moderating a panel titled Strengthening Canada’s Digital Advantage in a Hyper-connected Global Economy; the panel will address among others policies, infrastructure and telecommunication needs, important technology influencers, R&D investment, talent, and the impact of global trade.
- Corinne Charette, Senior Assistant Deputy Minister, Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada – overseeing Spectrum, Information Technologies and Telecommunications
- Alan Shields, Managing Director – RFi Group
- Jack Noppé, Chief Technology Officer, Kinaxis
- Wendy Cukier, VP, Research and Innovation, Ryerson University
June 9, 2016 | Toronto, ON | RFi Group Canadian Retail Banking Conference
Global business intelligence and media provider RFi Group are launching an extensive international events program to optimise research expertise, and provide opportunity to connect with clients and offer insightful global best practice and thought leadership.
Namir Anani, President and CEO, ICTC has been invited to join the ECONOMIC PANEL SESSION: A Canadian Close-up – The Big Issues
The panelist will discuss topics including:
- What are the big issues and impacts for savings, deposits and transactions
- Rates – past and present and what’s on the horizon?
- A regulatory view on the impacts of P2P?
- Consumer debt levels and increasing housing levels pressures
- Trends and innovation in currency exchange
- Canadian Regulation – Building on transparency and the regulator’s relationship with industry
- Namir Anani, President & CEO, Information and Communications Technology Council
- Ian Cunningham, Chief Operating Officer, Tangerine
- Brian McCabe, Vice President, Day to Day Banking, Scotiabank
June 9 – 10, 2016 | Toronto, ON | WORLD FUTURE CITIES SUMMIT
The World Future Cities Summit shows what India, America and many other countries and cities around the world are doing to become Smart Communities. From practical examples to new concepts like Blockchain, the Summit prepares Mayors, CEOs and community leaders for a future where success is totally dependant on smart people using smart platforms.
Innovation comes from the creativity of talented people who focus on adding value to the economy, plus management initiatives and practices that encourage the search for new approaches.
On Friday, June 10, Namir Anani, President and CEO, ICTC is featured as a keynote speaker addressing Prosperity From Innovation. Namir will present highlights of Canada’s First Digital Talent Strategy: Road to 2020 and Beyond which underscores the importance of digital talent as a key comparative advantage, and paves way for greater participation by consumers and citizens in an increasingly smart and hyperconnected digital world.”
He will be joined by Jean-Francois Barsoum, IBM, Sr. Managing Consultant, Smarter Cities, Water & Transportation who will present about his work on core smart city concepts and his background on the David Suzuki Foundation steering committee.
*Valued members and stakeholders of ICTC are entitled to a 30% discount on the WFC Summit registration fee. Please message email@example.com for the promo code.