ICTC delivers the largest and most rigorous ICT data analysis and research infrastructure in Canada.
As an independent and neutral policy advisor, ICTC offers specialized knowledge and an informed perspective on digital policy in support of government and business decision makers. Through our primary quantitative and qualitative research, we measure the digital socio-economic environment, formulate and recommend policy solutions for our country to take full advantage of ongoing global digital transformation.
Our research adheres to the highest research standards leveraging our strong industry, government, and academic networks. Our digital policy advice enables to facilitate developing a competency-based innovative and productive workforce required in Canada, and enables industries to maintain a competitive edge in the global marketplace.
Trends & Forecasts
Wondering what the latest labour market trends are in the information and communications technology (ICT) sector in Canada? ICTC delivers Monthly Infographics, Quarterly and Annual Reviews, tracking what you need to know about key supply and demand human resource developments in the Canadian ICT industry.
View all trends
ICTC’s Outlook forecast offers an all-inclusive study of the knowledge economy workforce in Canada, current and future.
- skills that are, and will be, in demand by region;
- the industry sectors in which skilled workers are predominantly employed
- types, intensity and number of employees;
- the role of immigration, emigration and outsourcing;
- the structure of employment in both user and supplier organizations;
- An estimate of the impact of the principal drivers of change on the demand side, such as ICT spending and technology adoption;
- An estimate of the impact of the supply side drivers of change, such as enrollment, mid-career training, and retirement;
- One and two year forecasts across the occupations and regions, extending out to five-years.
View all forecasts
Studies & Publications
ICTC focus areas:
ICTC is focused on providing you with Canada’s the digital landscape and labour market of Canada, developed through extensive research, and consultations with industry, education and policy makers. We target all sectors that include ICT in their practices and depend on a strong tech-savvy workforce.
View studies & publications:
A focus on policy:
ICT environment is dynamic and rapid technological development is changing how we communicate and access information and services. Policy frameworks focus on addressing historical inequalities in access to basic services, while ensuring that all Canadian’s benefit from new services and access to new technologies and that ICTs are actively used to meet the development goals of the country.
With the recent successful launch of the Innovation Agenda by the federal government, ICTC will seek to provide an understanding of how each part of the digital innovation ecosystem works and how different aspects contribute towards Canada’s standing in a global environment.