- Each weekday ICTC will be posting a clue on their Twitter account (@ICTC_CTIC).
- Taking the information in the post search the internet to find your plain text.
- Using this tool, cipher the code and find the answer.
- With your answer throw it in our form to submit the answer.
- Every 10 points that you collect will earn you 1 entry into a draw for the grand prize.
- Correct Answer: +15 points
- Replying to the tweet – DONE: +2 points
- Tagging your school in a reply to the daily challenge tweet: +3 points
- Tagging 3 friends in a reply to the daily challenge tweet: +5 points
- Following ICTC on Twitter +3 points
- Share a cybersecurity resource in a reply to the daily challenge tweet: +5 points
PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is open to students aged 18 and under residing in Canada (excluding Quebec), registered in elementary and high school (home-school included) and have earned points by completing the daily challenge(s).
- To enter the Prize Draw you must complete the daily challenge(s). No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Cyber Sleuth Challenge, please e-mail us at [email protected] with “Cyber Sleuth Challenge” in the subject line.
- The closing date of the Cyber Sleuth Challenge is 12:00 pm EST on 4 April 2020. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a physical draw live on the ICTC Twitter account. The draw will take place on 6 April 2020.
- Two winners will receive an iPad.
- The winners will be notified via Twitter on or before 10 April 2020 and must ask their teacher to contact ICTC via their school provided email to confirm that the selected winner is a student. Then we will send the prize to the school in the teacher’s name. If a winner’s educator does not respond to ICTC within 14 days of being notified by ICTC, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and ICTC shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and ICTC shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize will be sent to the winner from ICTC offices by post.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- ICTC accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Cyber Sleuth Challenge or accepting the prize. ICTC further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Cyber Sleuth Challenge.
- This challenge is not in partnership with Twitter, however, please follow all of the rules and regulations for using Twitter. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, Twitter accounts, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified at ICTC’s discrimination.